This old map of Terryville, Connecticut was published in 1894 by George E. Norris. Norris was one of the most prolific map publishers of the 19th century, and spent a majority of his life publishing hand drawn maps of American towns.
Terryville is the largest village within the town of Plymouth, and is home to the Lock Museum of America. On the map a set of keys can be seen directly beneath the town’s name. At the time the Eagle Lock Company (established 1833), was the largest trunk and cabinet lock maker in the world.
The map shows a bird’s eye view of Terryville as it looked at the end of the 19th century. Notable landmarks on the map include Eagle Lock Company, Terryville Hotel, E.G. Austin’s Barber Shop & Billiard Room, Albert Bunnell’s Ice Dealing Company, Purcell’s Meat Shop, and Pleasant View Farm.
This old map of Terryville has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Terryville history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get a copy of the map.