This map of Bangor, Pennsylvania was created in 1885 by O.H. Bailey. Oakley Hoopes Bailey (1843-1947) was one of the most prominent and prolific American map makers of the 19th century.
Bangor was first settled around 1760 and incorporated in 1875. The founder and first Mayor of Bangor was Robert M. Jones, an emigrant from Bangor, Wales. The stone walls and rectangular gardens of Bangor, PA resemble those found in Jones hometown of Bangor, Wales.
This vintage map of Bangor shows locations such as the Opera House, Broadway House, Slate Valley, Wise Brothers Planing Mill, Bangor Foundry & Machine Shop, School Slate Factories and Freys’ Marble Works.
This map of Bangor, PA has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Bangor history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get a copy of the map.