This old map of Childress, Texas was published in 1890 by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and James B. Moyer. T.M. Fowler was a prolific publisher of panoramic maps in the 19th century and Moyer was an artist who frequently collaborated with Fowler.
The map shows a bird’s eye view of Childress, TX as it looked toward the end of the 19th century. Landmarks on the map include the Childress Railroad Station, Court House, Jail, Public School, Baptist Church, and the Forth Worth & Denver City Railroad.
This old map of Childress, TX has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Childress history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get a copy of the map.