When he was 35 years old, Jack Ma was earning twenty dollars per month. For the next fifteen years he dedicated his life to building a business and created Alibaba, the worlds largest retail company.
As of 2017, Jack Ma’s net worth was $28.6 Billion. He went from earning twenty dollars per month to earning millions of dollars per day.
In the video below, Jack explains what you should be doing at each stage of life if you want to become a successful entrepreneur. Here is a breakdown of his advice for each stage of life.
20 – 25 year olds
- Be a good student. Get some experience. Make mistakes. Don’t worry.
- You fall, you stand up, you fall, you stand up. Enjoy it, you know?
- 25 years old? Enjoy the show, enjoy the show.
- Don’t worry, any mistake is income; it is wonderful revenue for you.
25 – 30 Years Old
- Follow Somebody. Before 30 years old, follow somebody.
- Go to a small company. Normally in a big company it is good to learn processing. You are a part of a big machine. But when you go to a small company, you learn the passion, you learn the dreams, you learn how to do a lot of things one time.
- Before 30 years old, it’s not which company you go to, it’s which boss you follow that’s very important. A good boss teaches you differently.
30 – 40 Years Old
- At this age, you need to think very clearly. If you really want to be an entrepreneur, you need to start working for yourself.
40 – 50 Years Old
- When you’re 40-50 years old you have to do all the things you are already good at. Don’t try to jump into a new area, it’s too late.
- You may be successful, but the rate of dying is too high, so at forty to fifty years old, think about, “How can I focus on things that I am good at.”
50 – 60 Years Old
- Work to support young people, because young people can do better than you. Rely on them, invest in them. Make sure they’re good to go.
60+ Years Old
- Spend time for yourself, on the beach, some sunshine, you know?