This old map of Henniker, New Hampshire was published in 1889 by George E. Norris. Norris was one of the most prolific map publishers of the 19th century, and spent a majority of his life publishing hand drawn maps of American towns.
The map shows a bird’s eye view of Henniker, NH as it looked at the end of the 19th century. Notable landmarks on the map include Henniker Academy, Mink Hills, Hotel Dufferin, Contoocook Valley Creamery, and George A. Woods Meats & Provisions. The map also features three inlaid drawings highlighting West Henniker, Gage’s Mill, and the area south of the railroad bridge.
This old map of Henniker has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Henniker history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get a copy of the map.