This old map of Guilford, Connecticut was published in 1881 by Oakley Hoops Bailey. O.H. Bailey was one of the most prolific map publishers of the 19th century, and he spent most of his life creating beautiful hand drawn maps of American towns, including this bird’s eye view of Guilford.
The map shows a bird’s eye view of Guilford, CT as it looked toward the end of the 19th century. Notable landmarks on the map include the Guilford Hotel, Guilford Institute, The Guilford Canning Company, Norton’s Fish & Oyster Market, and “The Old Stone House”, which was built in 1639 and is now known as the Henry Whitfield House.
This old map of Guilford has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Guilford history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get a copy of the map.