This map of Wilson and Mendelssohn, Pennsylvania was first published by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler in 1902. T.M. Fowler (1842 – 1922) was an American cartographer who spent much of his life creating beautiful hand drawn maps of American towns.
To create this bird’s eye view of Wilson and Mendelssohn, Fowler first drew an outline of the streets and then walked around town sketching details such as buildings, trees, and landmarks to create an accurate rendering of the town.
The map shows old landmarks such as the Presbyterian Chapel, Public School, Hotel Hilton, Goff Manufacturing, The Morris & Bailey Steel Company, Monongahela Tube Co., Mendelssohn Planing Mill, and the Pennsylvania Railroad.
This map of Wilson and Mendelssohn, PA has been lovingly restored by KNOWOL. Reproductions of the map seen here are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Wilson and Mendelssohn history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to get yours.