This old map of Alvord, Texas was originally created in 1890 by T.M. Fowler, a prominent 19th century map maker. The map shows a bird’s eye view of the town as it looked just 8 years after changing its name from “Nina” to “Alvord”. In 1890, Alvord was a retail center for area farmers.
Historic Alvord landmarks on the map include The Alvord Fair Grounds, Alvord Mills, Canning Factory, Brown’s Hotel, Railroad Station, Public School, and Baptist, Christian, and Methodist Episcopal Churches.
This old map of Alvord has been lovingly restored by the team at KNOWOL. Reproductions of the restored map are available on museum quality, archival paper to ensure that this piece of Texas history can be passed on to the next generation. Click here to purchase a map of Alvord, TX.